I am rabid, therefore, I bite.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Silence

Here I am, slaving away @ Raffles Place on a beautiful Sunday, trying to earn $ for my HK/TW/SH fund. Haha!

Raffles Place is really a ghost town on Sundays. Few people, Shops closed, ENTIRE BUILDINGS closed (e.g. Clifford Ctr). The escalators at Change Alley/Caltex House aren't in operation. The exit from the MRT to Clifford Ctr is cordoned off. The air-con in the office is off. (HOT!)

It's like the entire place just shuts down.

I feel as if I'm in the movies: Walking out of my house one day and realising that I'm the only one around. No bustling crowds, no vehicles. The escaltors and lifts don't work. Just stillness. Emptiness. Fear. Despair.

Ok, I'm being too dramatic. Back to work.

Dinner party at Chow House today, and meeting S.O. to go to Clarke Quay! I've been lemming for oishii okashi from Meidi-ya for a week now, haha, let's hope I don't spend too much there. :P

6 Comments:

Blogger elyxia said...

ruok: helping out a friend lor ;) damn sianz man, work on weekends, haha. but that's the only free time i have atm

10:54 AM

 
Blogger Teilexu said...

Hmm, what did I do on Sunday?

Well...I slept until noon. Ate prata and drink soyabean milk. After which I watched the latest episodes of LOST and Smallville, and did some leisure reading. At night went for my tennis.

Yah, definitely doesn't sound like work. :P

MUAHAHAHAHA!!

11:25 AM

 
Blogger elyxia said...

tei: stupid arse :P

go pangsai lah! haha!

btw when you want to collect yr 'goods' huh? :P

12:05 PM

 
Blogger Sheylara said...

I work on Sunday whole day leh. 14 hours. :P

What goods is niang collecting? Sai goodies for CNY? Eew!

10:11 AM

 
Blogger elyxia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:22 PM

 
Blogger elyxia said...

qy: awww. 14 hrs on Sunday sucks! I worked until around 5pm on Sunday and it was unbearable already. the lack of air con and the total silence in the office didn't help.

but i hope you had a great time @ your shoot :)

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home