I am rabid, therefore, I bite.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Getting the best deal at the CNY bazaar @ Chinatown

The Sunday Times wrote an article on interesting stalls to look out for at the CNY bazaar @ Chinatown, and how the stallowners had been affected by the incessant rain. Hey, I wrote about that too! See, hamsters are good at sniffing out newsworthy matters :P

Anyway, one thing that caught my eye was a comment by a stallowner, to the effect that "serious buyers" usually came by in the afternoons, and those that came in the evenings were by and large there just to enjoy the festive atmosphere.

In that case, it implies that the best deals are to be had in the evenings, coz the owners know that you're a "non-serious" buyer and will cut their prices a bit more to make you bite.

Conversely, they probably will give you smaller discounts (if at all) if you're an afternoon buyer.

Wonder if my logic holds out. Haha.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheylara said...

Eew... does that mean we have to squeeze with cold, clammy bodies at night so we can enjoy discounts? :(

Oh, wait. Nevermind. I'm not planning to buy anything anyway. :P

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Teilexu said...

Hmm....I ate my first bah kua today from vendor. Hmmm......

4:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home