I am rabid, therefore, I bite.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I am a boring hamster! Are j00?

It's now officially certified that I, the rabid hamster, suffer from an acute lack of imagination. Joining the ranks of boring and geeky, unimaginative will hereon be added to the list of adjectives that describe yours truly. Huzzah!

My gaming friends and I played a party game "
Naughty Improv" during one of our regular outings, the point of the game being to craft a wild story based on a series of illustrations. The group would vote after each contender told his/her story, the person with the most votes each round winning. Of course, boring and unimaginative ol' me kept on telling stale ol' stories which the group, in the most charitable way possible, shot down again and again.

Of course, it doesn't help that I, a true-blue product of the staunch ol' SG education system, besides working in the IT line (boring!) servicing a government agency (boring!), am now also studying for my
CFA in December (Zzzz!) and enjoy curling up in bed with a good book. Is that a ten-alarm-alert for boresville or what? LOL.

Let's hope that hanging out with my very-imaginative bunch of friends will soon serve to negate my inherent boring gene. Or perhaps some of it will rub off on them as well? /cackles

Oh well, on to more pleasant business. I visited the Settlers Cafe website a few minutes ago and found that I had won a board game in their 2nd anniversary celebration draw. Talk about lucky! :) The game is 'Typo' and I've never played it before, but it's listed as one of the most popular word games in Settlers so I'm hoping that it will be really fun!

My friends have also organised a trip to Ben & Jerry's for dessert later today, which I'm really looking forward to! I've wanted to visit the B&J scoop shop at the Zoo since it opened, but never got around to it, no thanks to it's less-than-accessible location in Mandai. I hope they have some of the more interesting flavors listed in their American website, like Apple-y Ever After™ and Dublin Mudslide™. Arggh! I'm so going to have a hard time deciding on which flavour I'm going to try! Oh, they have a flavour known as The Gobfather™ too. LOL. So very suitable for my friend Shawn, who's also known as The Goonfather.

I guess I'd better get back to the books, have a Fixed Income quiz tomorrow (Tuesday) that the course instructor informed us of on Saturday. Instructors are usually considerate that way :)

/bite

Ely

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home